• Facebook
  • RSS Feed
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
Oct 302013
 

file901291126615 (Custom)Using Enterprise Vault for File System Archiving is something that I still sometimes get involved in, in my post Symantec career. It doesn’t crop up all that often, and, most times I get involved I learn something new. Something that cropped up on the Symantec Connect Forums a few days ago is something that I saw on one of my environments a few weeks ago.

The issue relates to results when performing a search.

I still use a rough old Windows XP workstation to do most of my testing on, since it is pretty quick in a Virtual Machine. So I hit an issue where I was searching for a file that I knew was archived, but no results were coming back when I searched based on the name of the file.

Low and behold it is a known issue, and document in this technote.

This is what I did:

Image1

You see some files with the word OFFLINE in their name.

And then I search for it…

Image2

But on Windows 7:

Image3

And I get no results. The technote offers a couple of solutions/workaround to the issue, but for me it was just enough to know that I wasn’t going mad or had broken something!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)