• Facebook
  • RSS Feed
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
Jan 212013
 
I used to a nice working Enterprise Vault environment, then for some reason when I came to recreate my Vault Cache today, I couldn’t get it to Synchronise.

I reviewed my client log and encountered the following which seemed like it might be helpful:

21/01/2013 09:55:02.292[3708][H]: HDR: Requesting page: ListArchives.aspx
21/01/2013 09:55:02.903[3708][M]: Body is <?xml version=’1.0′ encoding=’utf-8′?><MDCSyncResponse hr=’0′ msg=’SUCCESS’><ListArchivesResponse><Archives Date=”1358762102″ /></ListArchivesResponse></MDCSyncResponse>
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: ~CInternetSendDataBase::ReadResponseBody
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: StatusCode = 200
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: ~CInternetSendDataBase::ReadResponse: 0x0
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: ++++++++++++ Ended GET Request +++++++++++++++++++
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: ~CInternetSendDataBase::GetDataFromServer: 0x0
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: HDR: ~EVServerConnection::Get: 0x0
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][L]: HDR: EVServerConnection::LoadXMLResponse: 0x0
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][M]: HDR: LoadXMLResponse dataLen = 170
21/01/2013 09:55:02.904[3708][M]: HDR: LoadXMLResponse is <?xml version=’1.0′ encoding=’utf-8′?><MDCSyncResponse hr=’0′ msg=’SUCCESS’><ListArchivesResponse><Archives Date=”1358762102″ /></ListArchivesResponse></MDCSyncResponse>

When I go to the Vault Cache properties page I am seeing this:

As is often recommended I tried …
* Open an item, worked fine
* Searching for an item, worked fine
* Using the above URL (http://evserver/EnterpriseVault/ListArchives.aspx) in a normal Internet Explorer browser window, that returned the same results
* Tried it as a different user, still didn’t work
* Tried it on a different machine, still didn’t work

So at this point I figured it must be something environment wide, rather than user or machine specific.  Determining this can often shorten the amount of time it takes to troubleshoot an issue with Enterprise Vault, or, well, with anything really.

In the end I discovered the issue by accident and it’s described in this following tech note:
When working on some other issue I had disabled ASP.Net Impersonation on the EnterpriseVault virtual directory:

Changing that to ‘Enabled’ fixed the problem straight away (after an IISReset) and here is the proper output for list archives.aspx:

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)