The event that many, many, many (and more) people were waiting for took place today. The Apple Event where a few things were launched :
* Siri for Japan
* New Apple TV (same price tag, better interface, 1080p, photostream support, and TV shows appear the day after airing)
* The new iPad (no new name!, mega resolution retina display 2048 x 1536, 4G availability, 5 Megapixel camera, voice dictation – part of Siri, A5X chip with quad core graphics)
* Price drop of the existing iPad 2 by $100.
* iPhoto for iPad (available starting today at $4.99)
* IOS 5.1 (primarily for Siri for Japan, I think)
As you can imagine the internet tech news sites are now awash with information about the new devices.
I look forward to seeing one, but won’t be upgrading. I might splash out for iPhoto though, once I’ve seen a little demo or two of what it can do over the countless other iPad picture editing apps.