There is almost always something that I forget to do when I set up a new Enterprise Vault server. You would think I would have a nice checklist to follow, but I don’t. I never got around to creating one .. yet. I was struck down by this again the other day. I setup a new server, all was working well, and after testing archiving and retrieving of a few items I loaded up the mailbox with 10,000 items, and archived them all.
Next I enabled Vault Cache, but I just could NOT get the thing to synchronise any content at all
In the end, after much troubleshooting I discovered the cause. I had not set a cache location on the server properties :
Useful to know.. difficult to track down ! This is what the client sees :
The Header / MDC synchronisation completes, the content just sits there saying “synchronising”…. forever.