• Facebook
  • RSS Feed
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
Feb 182011
 

So I login to my repro environment this morning, and strangely retrievals of archived items from my Outlook client “hang” half through the retrieval.  Restarted the client, no difference.  Restarted the EV server, no difference.  Restarted the GC, no difference.   Yes I was being lazy.

 

I started dtrace of retrievaltask, and immediately saw an entry repeated over and over saying that a connection couldn’t be made to my vault store database… which was odd, I thought.  I opened SQL Management Studio, and my Vault Store database was marked as “Suspect”.

Fortunately running through the steps in this article “cured all known ills”.. and I was back up and running.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/SQL_2005_Suspect_Database.aspx

EXEC sp_resetstatus 'yourDBname';
ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET EMERGENCY
DBCC checkdb('yourDBname')
ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
DBCC CheckDB ('yourDBname', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET MULTI_USER

 

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)