Now we’ve got a 64 bit Outlook Client Add-in, building it just became fun! I opened the solution, switched to 64 bit, and tried to build it. Visual Studio kept skipping the project though.. How very odd. Switched to 32 bit, and it builds just fine. I tried viewing the project properties, and get an error saying :
“The operation could not be completed. Unspecified error”.
When I switch back to 32 bit mode, it brings up the property sheets just fine!
Bit of Googling, and I hit :
This says to install the x64 components, which I thought I had.
But evidently I hadn’t. The steps were :
•1. From Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select “Microsoft Visual Studio 2005” (or 2008) > Change/Remove. The Visual Studio Maintenance Mode window will appear. Click Next.
•2. Click Add or Remove Features
•3. Under “Select features to install”, expand Language Tools > Visual C++
•4. If the box “X64 Compiler and Tools” is not checked, check it, then click Update.
Well, those would have been the steps if they had worked.. but I kept getting an error, so I uninstalled all of Visual Studio 2008, restarted the machine, reinstalled (remembering to include the x64 components under C++), added TFS, then VS 2008 SP 1…and now I’m all good.